From the web: “An entire Manhattan village owned by black people was destroyed to build Central Park”

When Reverend Christopher Rush laid the cornerstone of the First African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church in 1853, he placed in it a time capsule, a box that contained a bible, a hymn book, and copies of two New York papers, The Tribune and The Sun. These were mementos for future New Yorkers.

from Pocket http://ift.tt/2ma9KuW
via IFTTT

Advertisements