This vessel was built in 1897 by Lobnitz & Co. Ltd., Renfrew for £17,088. Named after Alderman John Forshaw, Mayor of Preston 1883-4 and 1884-5. She was sold to T.W. Wards (Preston) for £2,500 to be cut up in 1940. The Forshaw had the capacity to dredge 1,000 tons of sand in 45 minutes through a 24” diameter pipe.
via Flickr http://flic.kr/p/rGreqW