The New Broadview Hotel—home of the infamous Jilly’s—has been sold. Shown here in December of 1954, this four-storey Romanesque Revival building decorated with terracotta animals and figures was originally built for $25K by Archibald W. Dingman. The building’s first tenants were the CIBC (ground floor), with lawyers and dentists above that. The top floor was a grand venue for concerts and assemblies.
Creator: Salmon, James Victor (Canadian, 1911-1958)
Identifier: S 1-2308B
Rights: Public domain
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library.
More information: (view details and larger image)
via Flickr http://flic.kr/p/s7irbK