Staff at the Toronto Mechanics’ Institute (Church and Adelaide) in 1895. Originally the York Mechanics’ Institute, it opened in the 1830 "for the mutual improvement of its members in useful scientific knowledge… A library of reference and circulation will be formed." Many years later, it became the Toronto Public Library. Standing L to R: Eva Davis, Rose Ferguson, Elizabeth Moir, Hattie Pettit, Margaret McElderry, Margaret Graham, Frances Staton. Seated, L to R: Teresa O’Connor, Mina Wylie.
Identifier: X 71-4 Cab
Rights: Public domain
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library.
More information: (view details and larger image)</a
via Flickr http://flic.kr/p/s63ir7