From Flickr: “H V Burlingham Ltd., Blackpool, Lancashire, UK – advert, 1950” by mikeyashworth

What a colourful advert from 1950 for the Blackpool based coachbuilder H V Buringham. Formed in 1928/30 Burlingham gained a reputation for quality and although they produced for many operators they were often most associated with local operators Blackpool Corporation and Ribble Motor Services (down the road in Preston) for whom they constructed some very stylish and contemporary designs as can be seen in the lower image!
The upper picture was again part of the post-war export drive for British industry and shows a coach supplied to the Cordoba – Rosario line of Buenos Aires in Argentina. Both vehicles are based on locally built Leyland Motors chassis, the coach on an export LOPS4/3 and the bus on a Titan PD2/3.

Burlingham became part of Duple Coachworks, of Hendon, North London, in 1960 and in time the Blackpool factory became the main site for the merged company. The business closed in 1989.

via Flickr https://flic.kr/p/2fcwBFj

Advertisements