With origins dating back to 1899 Park Royal Vehicles were a long established manufacturer of bus and coach bodies and with their proximity to AEC, the builder’s of ‘London’s Buses’, they held a formidable place in the provision of buses for London Transport. This was further cemented when, in 1949, they became part of ACV the owners of AEC. They provided vehicles not just to London but many other operators and this advert shows that they were equally keen to emphasis their exports. The image, of a Khartoum Province Public Transport (Sudan) single decker, is by Leslie Carr – an established artist of transport subjects.
Park Royal later merged with Charles Roe of Leeds and then, under the owneship of British Leyland, fell victim to that group’s labour problems and collapse and finally closed down in 1980.
via Flickr https://flic.kr/p/24EDwqH